All you need to know for now:
- I’m 24.
- I’m an engineer.
- I was a “born-again” Christian for most of my life; I grew up saturated in Christianity, being the oldest son in a pastoral family.
- I am now almost certain there is no god.
- If there is a god, however unlikely that may be, I am 100% certain that the Bible is not the word of said god. Neither is the Koran, nor the Book of Mormon, nor the Torah, nor any other book that would claim that title.
- I plan on using this blog as a platform to help others who may be in the same position I was once in, to see facts and reason rather than accepting things on pure “faith” with no evidence or second thought. On occasion, this may come off as ranting… but that is unavoidable, since ranting is and has always been an inalienable facet of my writing style.
- Anyone who disagrees with me has every right to do so. However, I feel that it’s my duty as a human being to inform others of the truth. Religion is detrimental to the advancement of the human race. Our country has been run by religious fanatics for far too long, and it’s high time we stopped electing officials who form their opinions and make key decisions based on juvenile and unfounded superstitions. If I keep offending you, just stop reading.
Because of my… situation, I’m sure you can understand my need for anonymity. At least for the time being.
“Inspect every piece of pseudoscience and you will find a security blanket, a thumb to suck, a skirt to hold. What have we to offer in exchange? Uncertainty! Insecurity!”